Saturday, February 14, 2009

There is Something Good About a Basic Cup of Coffee

There is just something special about a basic warm cup of coffee. I like mine with cream. To me, sitting in a cozy chair with a good friend and cup of java just sets the tone for the day. I can take it without cream if I have to drink it that way, but I definitely can take it without sugar.

When my hubby and I visit Starbucks we drink espresso in a good coffee like Italian roast or Pike's Place with vanilla syrup added. Now that is a wonderful drink if you are traveling and taking some down time at a coffee shop. I like to write at Starbucks for a few hours so this sweet espresso drink pumps me up for a the time period that I need to stay pumped. Most of my freelance writing happens on the road so I have grown to love Starbucks.

After drinking so much espresso sweet coffee this winter, I really look forward to a plain cup of coffee made with Italian or espresso roast grind with just a little cream added. Lately, my hubby and I have been either brewing our own or visiting friends and family so we plugged in the coffee maker and brew some java. Sip a cup with a friend or loved one and feel the warmth of mingling coffee and conversation with friendship. Now that is a flavor that cannot be found in any bean. I call it the love bean. Mix with any setting and you have a winner!

Talking about coffee drinks and flavors brought up a question in my mind. What is your favorite coffee drink?

The Midnight Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.