Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Personal Blog Review for your Sipping Enjoyment


I'm sharing some personal blog reviews for your sipping enjoyment as you visit the cafe and lounge with your coffee or tea. Alone in Home is a personal blog so pull up a comfortable chair and enjoy some reading about family and life in general.

The first thing that I noticed was the title and how it had a personal at home feel to it. The subtitle sends a message that welcomes you into the journal to read more about this person's family, I thought. "I'm alone. Accompany me." I felt a personal connection with the author from the beginning and that feeling continued as I read the first post titled "I Got a New Uncle Named Pak Tam". This post is all about a wedding at their grandparents home complete with a photo of the family attending the ceremony. It takes place in Labu Besar, Kulim, Kedah.

Then I realized I don't know the blog author's name at this point, so I went searching to find out who was writing about their family life. As I looked for the writer's name I found a related post below the photos of the family wedding. It moved me very much and gave me insight into a life that I can only imagine and not really understand. This post is called "Save Gaza - Save our Brothers & Sisters". Upon reading this entry I felt much compassion and I realized that the name was not so important because I felt the touch of another soul and I feel like I know this person who is writing the journal. I saw a glimpse into another world and some strangers lives who now are close to my heart and are not strangers any more.

The blogger is not alone in home any more because I am there, too. Thanks for the wonderful stories about your life and family. I will be visiting again soon and often. I feel like I've made a friend. By the way, the author's name is Nas or just Alone.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.