Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Let Forever Be

Let forever beImage by _Massimo_ via Flickr

Isn't this a fascinating photo? It's titled "Let Forever Be". That's a powerful and empowering sentiment that invokes thoughts of surrender to me. Maybe I should consider an art and prose/poetry/literary blog. I can relate to the creative profundity of such a forum.

I borrowed the photo title for this post particularly because that is what Cephas and I discovered as we spent a month stranded on a high mountain in New Mexico.

Pure surrender.

To the will of God, to all Creation...to destiny and the only moment in which we exist...the metaphorical NOW....the present instant that is so fleeting a butterfly net cannot capture it. A breath...and your total moment is gone forever into the vapors of eternity. That is what we are and how we exist in this mortal realm...flittering breaths of spirit...more elusive than a butterfly.

These thoughts remind me of a song that I often find myself humming..."In my hour of darkness, Mother Mary came to me..and whispered words of wisdom...Let It Be."

A most profound realization of truth.

The Midnight Writer


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.