Monday, January 18, 2010

In my Travels I’ve visited lots of Coffee Shops

I am a bonafide Starbucks fan! No contest. Give me a choice in coffee shops, I’ll choose it over another any time. When I select coffee in a grocery store or specialty health shop, I always look for Starbucks brand first. If there is a good organic brand available, I give it strong consideration…unless there is a Starbucks Italian roast available. In my travels with my husband Cephas, we have visiited dozens of coffee shops and cafes but I have not shared many of those adventures with my readers. It’s time to start sharing.
IMG_0556



IMG_0558
Meet the incredible mascot for Joe Monkey in Oregon. I love this adorable monkey. Unique identity for a coffee shop, don’t you think?
When we visited this unique coffee booth, it was relatively new and still building. The plans included an outdoor sitting area, pavilions, organic coffees, teas, smoothies and foods. These industrious local folks were planning to bring a community together by hosting events at their shop. Vendors were part of the scene for special events with Joe Monkey serving up great drinks and food.
I am contacting the owners of this shop who should be celebrating the end of their first year to find about the success of their grand opening and their first year’s business. It is my hope to get updates and an interview. I promised the owners to give them a little free press in the spirit of community so I’ll keep that promise to the best of my ability. When you’re traveling in Oregon, be sure to drive by for a great cup of Joe and tell them The Midnight Writer sent you.
IMG_0547 IMG_0548
IMG_0549
IMG_0554
IMG_0548

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.