Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Auto Repairs is a Common Topic over Coffee

I spend a lot of time in coffee shops as my husband and I travel around the country and we have heard all kinds of conversations in all sorts of cafes. Spring fever is in full swing and I've got travel fever so I'll be visiting more coffee shops. This means extra wear and tear on my vehicle and yours, too if you travel much in the summer months.


I have more ease of mind since I found a resource that helps me find information related to auto repair shops around the country in every major city. And it's easy to use the website with all the search tools in its modern software functionality. I looked up mechanics and garages for Chicago auto repair as an example and found very detailed information about the city and its auto repair resources.  To find different shops I just enter other criteria in the search bar and more available sites come up. All the information is clearly displayed and easy to read. There are even maps with directions to every location.


I wonder if the design for a Toyota Corolla  has actually changed much over the years. If a part wears out it would be good to be able to interchange them from one model to the next within a reasonable number of years, say from 2001 to 2010. To find an answer to that question, I could check Repair Pals listings of Toyota Corollas and type in a mock repair. The search widget will find a shop that provides service for the part I chose and if I change the year on different searches, it should answer my question. If the part is interchangeable it will show up as a replacement part for the other model on the auto repair site I choose to do the work.

This website is so handy that I can think of dozens of ways to use the information. It's become one of my favorite resources. But I'm still wondering if the Toyota has changed much in their model designs over the years. Maybe you could join me for a cup of coffee so we can discuss it. While we're on the subject, I still haven't figured out how to replace a water pump. If you print the website instructions and bring them to the coffee shop with you, we can look them over and figure it out together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.