Monday, January 6, 2014

The corner seat gives the best view

There is just something "safe" and "fun" about sitting in that corner seat of any public coffee shop. Do you understand why I say that? Well, let me explain....

When I go to a public place to drink coffee, I usually like to sit for several hours drinking coffee and writing. It's a social experience, believe it or not. It's a place where I can go to enjoy my favorite hot beverage, type out my thoughts as I have conversations in my mind about stories and characters. The social part is that even though I'm keeping to myself tucked back in the corner, I have the prime seat to observe every one coming and going while I sit out of the way. My table is not in the path of all that foot traffic or in a popular spot by the window where every one wants to sit. No. It's off in the far corner, unnoticed, while I think, create and observe.

The Midnight Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.