Monday, April 27, 2009

How did Espresso Arrive in the Coffee Scene?


Espresso means made expressly for you.

Whether or not you are a history buff, that is a good question. It is a question that I would like to explore since I am such a coffee fan. I think it would be good to know where my favorite beverage originated. Don't you?

So I went digging on search engines looking for the answer to this question: "when, how and from where did espresso enter the coffee scene?"

Here is what I found:

The first true espresso originated in Italy in the early 1900's. I found some impressive information at "1st in Coffee" so visit their site to read more. According to their information, "Luigi Bezzeri patented the first steam driven espresso machine."

Fascinating. Did you know that?

How did the word spread about this new coffee taste sensation with lots of caffeine kick?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Midnight Writer's Cafe is here for your browsing and reading enjoyment. Please tell us what you would like to find on these pages whenever you log on. We welcome your comments and suggestions and please leave a link to your blog or website.